Sunday, January 16, 2011

The 50 Greatest Cartoons: 50

On the last place we have Felix in Hollywood by Paramount. Felix in Hollywood is a 1923 short featuring Felix the Cat.




Felix decides to make his way to Hollywood, but has no money. The owner of a failing shoe store promises Felix $500 if he can help bring in new business, which Felix ingeniously manages to do, but the owner stiffs him out of the money. Felix finds a way to get to Hollywood, anyway, and while there meets up with the famous stars of the day, like Charlie Chaplin and Ben Turpin.

20 comments:

  1. such a classic, looking forward to the next 49 updates

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember felix from my childhood, very nostalgic

    ReplyDelete
  3. A yes, the infamous magic bag of Felix. I remember watching the updated remake of the series as a kid. I however didn't know it was this ancient

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great video, can't wait for the others!

    Don't forget to check and support(I support you!) often your local information hot-spot lifeformation.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love LOVE cartoons, more of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo this brings up so many memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally remember this. I love Felix the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. never seen it lol looks interesting though


    anyways, here's my blog if anyone's interested; just random posts that i think will be interesting/useful to my readers :) http://lifeofbaron.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Felix was kinda lame but fun sometimes. He was kinda cute...

    ReplyDelete
  10. felix was always kinda weird to me, wasn't he French?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my. I haven't seen this cartoon in forever and two days. Thanks for the nostalgia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. your next 50 posts should be great fun, i hope to see an early mickey mouse post at some point ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. old animation over modern (non Pixar) heartless CGI crap

    ReplyDelete
  14. good idea. can't wait to see the rest

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails